How to Get Involved
- Review the Trains in the Valley (TIV) website and learn more
- Sign up to receive periodic email updates from Trains in the Valley (2-4 times per month) by filling out the short form on this link)
- Follow Trains In The Valley on Facebook
- Contact your elected officials and tell them why rail service is important to you
- Support Amtrak by riding their trains—if you want rail service, use it
National Alliance of Public Transportation Advocates (NAPTA)
NAPTA (National Alliance of Public Transportation Advocates) is a national organization representing grassroots transit coalitions, grassroots transit rider organizations and advocates that support increasing investment in public transportation.
The Every Place Counts: Leadership Academy
U.S. Department of Transportation | December 2016
Guides for members of the public who wish to learn how to engage in the transportation decision-making process at the local, regional, state and federal levels.
Public Outreach Strategies
Transportation Outreach Planner
Page last updated: June 25, 2017
Page last reviewed: January 3, 2017