Our objective is to support the continuation, improvement, and expansion of rail service in the Pioneer Valley region of Western Massachusetts.
Your active membership in Trains In The Valley is crucial to achieve this objective.
We need your help today to:
- Improve the existing rider experience on the Vermonter, including on-time departure of the Vermonter and improved station facilities and parking solutions
- Expand passenger rail service in the North–South Knowledge Corridor(New Haven–Springfield ↔ Holyoke–Northampton–Greenfield)
- Advance the recommended inland route East–West Passenger Rail Connection(Boston–Worcester ↔ Springfield–New Haven)
- Support the “full program” Hartford line service to Springfield
- Increase focus on Transit Oriented Development (TOD) near rail stations in our region
In addition, your contribution today will enable us to:
- maintain and enhance the TrainsInTheValley.org website
- produce targeted print materials, and
- introduce Trains In The Valley to a larger regional audience
You should know we do not receive funding from any federal or state government sources. Our independence from government agencies is essential and lets us be a more effective advocate for service in our region – and for you!
As a member of Trains In The Valley, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Official 2017 bumper sticker of Trains In The Valley
(Image to be added soon)
- Regular invitations to scheduled Trains In The Valley events
- Personalized transportation advocacy advice and support from members of the organization
- Email alerts when we publish Trains In The Valley Rail News Updates or when we publish a new post on the website. This occurs about twice a month.
Choose Your Membership Category (12-month membership)
We encourage you to support us by selecting one of the categories above — or, feel free to join us at whatever level you can, using the link below.
PAY ONLINE | Through these category links, you’ll be directed to a payment page hosted by PayPal. If you have a PayPal account, please log in to PayPal as you normally would and continue.
If you do not have a PayPal account, simply click the link that says, “Donate with a debit or credit card.” You will be able to review and approve your selection on the PayPal site before any charge is made to your card.
PAY BY MAIL | If you prefer paying by check, we invite you to print and mail us this membership form along with your check.
As always, if you have questions about this process, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer questions about the process of becoming a member – or about membership itself.
However you choose to join us, we thank you very much for your support!
Our Tax Status
Trains In The Valley is not yet recognized as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Therefore, when you make donations via the hyperlinks or form above, those donations are not deductible on your tax return.
If it is important to you to make a donation that is tax-deductible please contact us at email@example.com. We have partnered with a recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that has agreed to act as our interim fiscal sponsor. Charitable contributions may be given to our fiscal sponsor, which then grants them to support Trains In The Valley.
This is a nonrecurring 12-month membership. We will contact you before your membership expires to invite you to renew your membership and your support of Trains In The Valley.
Trains In The Valley takes very seriously its responsibility as a nonprofit organization. We firmly believe that with transparency comes trust.
Detailed information about the organization, including our financial reports, can be found on these pages:
Trains In The Valley | Purpose
Trains In The Valley | Who We Are
Trains In The Valley | Transparency & Accountability
Again, if you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We get back to you as quickly as possible.
We are actively seeking business sponsors. If this is of interest to you please contact us using the email email@example.com.
Page last updated: September 18, 2017
Page last reviewed: September 14, 2017