Status | In Procurement – Waiting for Award of Contract
This page provides an overview of a project that is now underway to extended the high-level station platform in Greenfield, Massachusetts.
The extension of the platform will allow for simultaneous level access boarding/disembarking of three passenger cars (one door each of the lead and rear cars / both doors of the middle car).
This project is scheduled to be substantially complete by the end of December 2018 with final completion of plantings and other punch list items by May 15, 2019.
In summary, the project includes the following components:
- the high-level platform will be extended from its current length of 46 feet to a a length of 146 feet
- the canopies will be extended to cover the entire length of the expanded platform
- new ramps and stairs will be constructed to access the platform extensions
- Existing ramps, stairs, handrails and guard fence will be modified where required to coordinate with the new construction
- Closed-circuit video cameras will be added along with station wayfinding signage
July 11, 2018 | The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (for MassDOT) formally advertised MBTA Contract No. T92CN02 – the Knowledge Corridor Northampton and Greenfield Station Platform Extension Project.
August 9, 2018 | Bids were opened and the apparent low bidder is Newport Construction Corp. of Nashua, New Hampshire with a bid of $2,561,000. If all goes well, the contract will be awarded without delay and work will start in September.
Further details to follow.
Northampton station platform extension | Trains In The Valley
Page last updated: September 3, 2018
Page last reviewed July 17, 2018