This project is complete
This page provides an overview of a to extended the high-level station platform in Greenfield, Massachusetts.
The extension of the platform allows for simultaneous level access boarding/disembarking of three passenger cars (one door each of the lead and rear cars / both doors of the middle car).
In summary, the project includes the following components:
- the high-level platform will be extended from its current length of 46 feet to a a length of 146 feet
- the canopies will be extended to cover the entire length of the expanded platform
- new ramps and stairs will be constructed to access the platform extensions
- Existing ramps, stairs, handrails and guard fence will be modified where required to coordinate with the new construction
- Closed-circuit video cameras will be added along with station wayfinding signage
July 11, 2018 | The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (for MassDOT) formally advertised MBTA Contract No. T92CN02 – the Knowledge Corridor Northampton and Greenfield Station Platform Extension Project.
August 9, 2018 | Bids were opened and the apparent low bidder is Newport Construction Corp. of Nashua, New Hampshire with a bid of $2,561,000. If all goes well, the contract will be awarded without delay and work will start in September.
October 26, 2018 | Notice to Proceed issued.
March 2019 | Work at the site starts.
May 2019 | Timber work at the work site now underway.
Late June 2019 | All timber work would appear to be complete. Electrical work is now well underway.
Further details to follow.
Page last updated: January 8, 2020
Page last reviewed July 17, 2018