Status | Work is expect to start soon
This page provides an overview of a project that is now underway to extended the high-level station platform in Greenfield, Massachusetts.
The extension of the platform will allow for simultaneous level access boarding/disembarking of three passenger cars (one door each of the lead and rear cars / both doors of the middle car).
The projected completion date for this project is July 19, 2019.
In summary, the project includes the following components:
- the high-level platform will be extended from its current length of 46 feet to a a length of 146 feet
- the canopies will be extended to cover the entire length of the expanded platform
- new ramps and stairs will be constructed to access the platform extensions
- Existing ramps, stairs, handrails and guard fence will be modified where required to coordinate with the new construction
- Closed-circuit video cameras will be added along with station wayfinding signage
July 11, 2018 | The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (for MassDOT) formally advertised MBTA Contract No. T92CN02 – the Knowledge Corridor Northampton and Greenfield Station Platform Extension Project.
August 9, 2018 | Bids were opened and the apparent low bidder is Newport Construction Corp. of Nashua, New Hampshire with a bid of $2,561,000. If all goes well, the contract will be awarded without delay and work will start in September.
October 26, 2018 | Notice to Proceed issued
Further details to follow.
Northampton station platform extension | Trains In The Valley
Page last updated: October 26, 2018
Page last reviewed July 17, 2018