Connecticut Governor Malloy held a press conference today at the site of the new station that is being built in Wallingford, Ct. as part of the Hartford Line project.
Highlights from the press conference include:
- The Hartford Line is still on target to open in January 2018.
- More than 50% of the track work has been completed.
- Eighty percent of train station foundations and platforms are in place and 100 percent of the steel beams and pedestrian bridges have been installed.
- In September, Amtrak’s Track Laying Machine (TLM) will be brought in to lay down 10 miles of new track between North Haven and Meriden.
- Ridership on the line, between Springfield and New Haven, is expected to more than double — from 300,000 to 750,000 passengers a year.
The Hartford Line will offer 17 daily round trips between New Haven and Hartford, and a dozen between Hartford and Springfield. Currently, Amtrak operates just six round trips on the route.
“Malloy: Hartford Line Trains Ready To Roll In 2018”
By Don Stacom | Hartford Courant | July 7, 2016
New Haven – Hartford – Springfield Rail Program (Official website)